Feeling overindulgent? Many of today’s Americans have an overabundance of stuff. People are drowning in clutter and debt. As a result people are feeling stress out, over worked and overwhelmed.
I always try to encourage people to simplify their lives by spending less on things that end up as clutter. Know what you have before you shop. Get organized so you can really see what you own.
- 80% of what we keep we never use. (Source: NAPO)
- The average person spends one year of their life looking for something they misplaced. (Source: US News & World Reports)
- The average office employee spends 6 weeks per year looking for something. (Source: Organizedworld.com)
- The average person wears 20% of the clothes they own 80% of the time. (Source: NAPO)
- 25% of homeowners cannot fit a car inside their 2-car garage. (Source: US Department of Energy)
- 23% of Adults pay their bills late because they cannot find them. (Source: Harris Interactive)
- A full 4 drawer metal filing cabinet holds 18,000 pieces of paper.
- The average American receives 49,060 pieces of mail in a lifetime and 1/3 of it is junk mail.
- The average time spent cleaning after de-cluttering reduced 40%. (Source: The Soap & Detergent Association)
- Americans waste $156 Billion dollars in food each year. (Source: Digitaltrends.com)